Tuesday 1 May 2012

A fourth interview.

Professor Garyhaus?
Yes, hello, thank you so much for finally agreeing to meet with me.

To be perfectly honest, I very nearly didn't come today. You've got a reputation as a terrible interviewee.
I know, but I really don't know why.

The British Association of Interviewers have blacklisted you. I could get in a lot of trouble for even being here.
Then why did you come?

There you go again, asking questions, I was told you'd do this.
So sorry.

I ASK THE QUESTIONS.
Please don't go.

QUESTION ONE. WHY HAVE YOU MADE KARL POPPER EVIL?
I don't know. I thought it was funny. I now see I was wrong.

LOOK AT HIM. 
He looks lovely.


I think the British Society for the History of Science might have something to say about this.
I'm actually a member of that society . . .

Oh dear.
Oh dear?

You're in more trouble than you realise.
But matters related to Karl Popper are policed by the British Society for the Philosophy of Science. I'm not in any way affiliated with them.

You don't think the BSHS and BSPS might be in cahoots?
Oh god.

That's right.
My livelihood!

You'll never practice history of science in this country again.
But I have no other skills! What will I do?

Write puppet shows?
But I HATE puppets! I'm only doing this to pay back my debt to the constable.

Who's the constable?
I don't know, it's a Punch and Judy reference. I think. I've never even seen a Punch and Judy show! The others told me.

Who are the others?
I can't say!

Why are you crying?
I don't want to do this anymore.

Please, pull yourself together! This is the last interview you'll ever do!
Good! I don't want to do interviews anymore! I hate interviewers! You're all so mean!

Professor Garyhaus?
Yes?

I'm going to go now. But I want you to know one thing before I leave.
What?

That was an excellent interview.





No comments:

Post a Comment