Friday 30 March 2012

A third interview.

Good afternoon.
Yes, hello.

I understand you're quite wary of journalists.
Yes, I've had many problems in the past. However, you appear to have excellent credentials.

Yes I do.
It is my understanding that you are a well respected reporter for a prestigious Brighton publication?

That is correct.
And you refuse to tell me the name of this publication?

That is also correct.
And you will only communicate with me via "thought waves" sent directly into my brain?

Yes, for obvious reasons.
Well, this all seems above board. Shall we begin?

With all due respect, Mr Garyhaus, don't tell me how to do my job. I will let you know when it's time to begin.
Oh, sorry.

Let's begin. Could you tell me what exactly this puppet show is about?
Right, yes, well it's sort of set in a fictional land during an unspecified time period . . .

Clever - so you can't be accused of historical inaccuracies?
Exactly. And also so that we can feature historical figures and scientific ideas that weren't around at the same time.

Why don't you give me some examples of these figures and ideas?
We have the Austrian philosopher of science, Karl Popper. There's also Isaac Newton. Some relativists. Zeno of Elea. Aristotelian theories of motion. Bloodletting. All sorts of things.

Excellent. So you might say you've got it all?
Yes I suppose I might.

I will quote you on that. Now I don't think you actually answered my initial question - what is the show about?
Well you interrupted me.

What?
You asked another question, while I was still answering.

This interview is over.
Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment